Iris are in Bloom

 

Pink IrisWhite IrisMauve IrisYellow IrisPurple IrisBlue and Yellow Iris

A mishmash of “found” iris are blooming in the yard.  Some were found at the back of the property.  We moved them up to a sunnier location so they could bloom; some were gifts and some were borrowed.

I am amazed at the number of large, bearded flowers blooming.  I fully expected smaller, more common flowers.  And while I love those old time, hearty stand-bys, it’s been great fun to be surprised by these big, handsome blooms.

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I didn't get any in the ground in time this year but I have plans for next spring!
    Yours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best time to dig these up is in the fall, and I'd be happy to split some and share!

      Delete
  2. My Iris's are all popping up too! Ours are all purple and white!
    Beautiful flowers!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be lovely to have a mass of the same kind, too!

      Delete
  3. It's been a great spring for irises, so many beautiful blooms.

    ReplyDelete